Scripting Capability- Your Trustworthy Script Developer
As early as in 1990’s did Sigma’s core executive team start script development in TCL at Silicon Valley. Now they brought Chinese customers nearly 20 years of scripting experience and built China’s largest professional script development team that undertake automation testing projects from U.S., mainland China and Taiwan customers.
Our dedicated scripting teams have developed millions of code lines in TCL, Perl, Python and Ruby, in compliance with documented development processes and strict QA criteria. Sigma automation scripting competencies are:
- Scripting languages: TCL, Perl, Python, Ruby
- Productivity: 30,000~50,000 lines per day. Over tens of millions code lines so far.
- The scripts can be run on Sigma labs that simulate customer environment, or on SigmationTF automation test framework.
- We provide full-range services from testcase designing, automation scripting, script execution, result/default report output, bug tracking to bug verification.
- Complete sets of deliverables by the end of service term, including test case execution logs, test case result report, defaults (and default reduce) description, and the environment for bug fixing and verification.
We make sure the customer requirements are thoroughly understood prior to and soon after the API designing. We have a double-review system before customer delivery: peer review within the development team, and corporate expert review (or Golden Team review).
We design APIs fully conforming to customer provided specifications, PRD or original design documents of software test cases. As we focus on improving customer’s scripting productivity in later phase, the APIs are functionally compatible, highly reusable, maintainable, self-diagnostic, error locating, and can be independently tested.
A full development project delivers full set of documents along with codes, including:
- API design document
- Script execution record
- Script execution success log (or bug report if script execution failed)
- Instruction of script integration to different hardware environments
- Script execution manual
We have two sets of QA processes for scripting development, one is the general product development quality control:
- Annotation accounts for over 20% of the codes
- Standard coding template (with customer acknowledgement)
- Unified indention and consistent style
- Sufficient error check codes that promptly capture exceptions/errors
- Good version control and revision history record
The other one is software testing related QA:
- One-for-one literal translation from test cases to scripts. No test procedure would be missing nor adding unnecessary.
- Test environment independency. The scripts can run on different physical architectures without modification.
- Complete output of script execution logs authentically reflect the entire testing process.
- Enough debug messages in case of script error, helping to locate possible software default.