A network device test environment usually consists of software and hardware devices for test network building and test cases implementation. The manual approach to network topology deployment and device/software configuration for individual test cases is tedious and hard to reuse, dragging down test efficiency and resulting in waste of time/resources. To secure product quality, each test case may be reused several times in the product life cycle, however, the entire manual repetition of test cases are hard to accept either in time or cost terms. So, how to achieve this goal? Automation test is the answer to this question.
Chengdu Jiehua, or Sigma Resources & Technologies, developed the full-IP automation test framework, SigmationTF (Sigma Automation Test Framework), which supports network topology deployment, test execution, test result collection and test report generation. SigmationTF can automate reusable scripts, ensure the same test cases are to be executed in identical processes, which effectively avoids human errors, reduces human resources and test period. SigmationTF frees your engineering forces from regression tests and refocuses them on new product/new features, and accelerates the time to market.
SigmationTF is designed for automation tests on any CLI/WebUI based software and devices, such as routers, firewalls, device drives, OS and Web pages. For testers, automation test developers and any other technical crew wanting to increase development efficiency and improve product quality by automation test, it is their best choice to start from SigmationTF.
- Fully automated, 7/24 unattended test running. The test reports will be sent to relevant people, saving cost for repeated manual test.
- Supports integration with Bug management system, e.g. Bugzilla.
- Supports easy-to-use WebUI
- The built-in Sigma's large scale traffic generator SigmationLS can simulate large scale of real-world concurrent TCP sessions and packets to stress a system's performance and robustness.
- Provides automation test script development SDKs for customers to develop their own automation test scripts in popular languages, such as Tcl. Perl, Python and Ruby. The embedded script debugger can debug test scripts line by line, and help automation developers quickly locate script or environment error.
- Powerful test job and resource management capability. The Framework dynamically allocates test resources by test cases and supports concurrent execution of multiple test jobs, which ensures the maximized utilization of resources.
- Powerful scalability. SigmationTF integrates supports to popular 3rd party tools, such as Ixia, Smartbits, WinRunner, the version control tool Subversion/CVS, and allows integration of any other existing test tools. Users can also easily migrate their own automation test scripts to SigmationTF.
- Support a variety of CLI-based devices or automated test applications。
- support a variety of Win32-based standard or custom Window window applications of automate test
- support base all in the WebUI of the automated test equipment or applications.
- support the functions of various network devices and automated performance testing.
Despite all the automation test features, SigmationTF mainly collaborates, not competes with other test tools. Regular test tools in present market, often restricted to resources, are difficult to work with other tools during test running, while SigmationTF focuses on orchestration and control of all resources in the test environment, including but not limited to network devices in the entire test environment, PCs, IXia/SmartBits, WinRunner/SilkTest and any other software/hardware test tools that work for the automation test goal. Backed by the powerful scalability, SigmationTF helps you fully utilize resources and greatly expand your test ability.